Sunday, June 25, 2017

People

Madison W.    Bridal Portrait





Hi everyone! 

I'm writing later than I normally do because my great uncle fell.  So as soon as I got back to my house after a 7pm session, my mother told me we had to go check on him because he wouldn't answer his phone. 

Yes!  He is ok and back up on his feet. Kind of.  He's in a lot of pain now.


So on another note...  I have decided to talk about people tonight!  You know, when I first started photography school, I was so shy and scared to death to talk to people!  As I went along in school, it started getting a little easier.

In like my 3rd semester, I went through this class called "Small-Format" and I got a new teacher.  His name is Jay.  I was so nervous because I heard he was a super tough teacher!  Long story short.  Yes, he is a tough teacher, but I survived and turns out he isn't so scary after all!  And it was one of my favorite classes I've had!  

He had this assignment called "Strangers" and with this assignment, we had to go out and photograph 36 random strangers.  You think "Oh, that doesn't sound too hard!"  Let me tell you.... Ohhhhh yes it is!  I was so nervous!! Plus we had to use a flash in some of the portraits, which we had just started using, and ask them different questions. 

It was super nerve racking.  I got through it though!  I do have to say, that really did help develop my social skills and help me talk to more people.  Now, I can walk up to someone and ask them if I can take their photograph without even flinching!  If I see a shot, I have to get it!

All thanks to Jay!  Thank you Jay!

No comments:

Post a Comment