Thursday, June 2, 2016

It's in the eyes

Photo Taken: Southern Pines, NC


   I can't believe it, already my second week in my summer classes and we have 4 or so projects due.  This was my first assignment, what a difficult one!  You would never believe this would be a hard picture to capture, until you figure out it has to be someone you don't know, a total stranger.

   When my instructor told us it was a stranger assignment, I thought "I got this."  I wasn't nervous at all! Then I went out to start looking, and it began.. I was so nervous.  I didn't know what to say or how to act, but I knew what I was looking for;  someone who had character.
 
   I'd found a couple people who I took a picture of, but not THE person.  I was about to give up.. Then he rode up on his motorcycle, and I knew I wanted a picture of him.  I walked up all nervous and asked if I could take a picture, and then why I wanted one and where I was from.  Totally backwards from what my instructor had told me to do.  He was very friendly and said it was fine.  So then I snapped the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment