Sunday, July 16, 2017

Reflection on the past two years




The time has come. I’m graduating next week.  I can’t believe it.  These last two years of my life have been full of ups and downs.  I started at the bottom, not knowing anything and now look at me!  I went through all the tough classes.  6 semesters to be exact. There was a lot of tears and lots of victories as I slowly learned what I needed to know to become a professional.  Wow, I said it, a Professional.  That’s ME now! I can’t believe it!


I remember the first week of college…  I didn’t want to go.  I remember coming home crying to my mother,  “Why do I have to do this?!  I can be a photographer without this!”    Wow,  I’m so glad I stayed.   After that first week, one of my instructors showed us a video,  it was the final portfolio video for the 2nd year class that graduated just before we started our classes.  I remember watching that video and thinking: “That’s going to be me!”  After that day, I found the strength to keep going.  I wanted that to be me. And now, here I am, graduating.


I’m also so glad for the wonderful classmates I have had!  I’ve met some amazing people along this journey!   They were always so helpful and we were all so supportive of one another.  I will miss them.  I hope to be able to keep in touch with them!


I’m so proud of myself and all I’ve accomplished in such a short period of time.  



No comments:

Post a Comment