Friday, August 19, 2016

I'm Back!



Hi everyone!  I'm back!  I had to take a break after last semester.  It was an amazing learning experience.  I learned so much in that short eight weeks.  I was stressed to no end, but had a wonderful time!  And now, I'm a second year photography student!  I have one more year and then I graduate.  I can not believe I've been at Randolph Community College an entire year!

Anyways, back to my pictures.  This is a photograph I took last semester for my Small-Format Photography class.  We had a project to go out and have a photo shoot with a business that belongs to  the Chamber of Commerce.  We had to look up who we wanted, call and ask permission to take pictures, set a time, and go out to take the photos.

The business I decided to choose is Vanderbilt Minerals, LLC.  They mine pyrophyllite.  A white substance similar to talc.  As younger kids we called it a talc mine.  This is one of the photos I took.  Pictured, is a dryer with a man busy welding it.  It was build a very long time ago and had a couple of holes in it.  I had a great time!  It was very hot, but so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment